Helping Spaulding Families During COVID-19 Emergency
Many of our families are out of work. Some have family members who are sick and need additional care. And kids at home are requiring more supervision and oversight.
And for many of our families, the regular support services they count on are interrupted.
But at Spaulding we have not forgotten our families. We have just modified how we support them.
And you can help
What We are Doing to Help Our Families
- Moved our support groups and trainings to virtual meetings.
- Weekly check-in calls with families to assess well-being and to determine needs.
- Made face masks available for families and continue to source more. In addition to allowing parents to go out when needed, masks allow for in-person parent and child visits.
- Have set up deliveries ranging from food to gift cards and laptop computers to some of our most needy families.
- Hosting activities for youngsters including virtual dance classes, as well as Monday night book readings, daily 30-minute yoga sessions on Facebook
- Launching a virtual tutoring program for our families.
How You Can Help
- Donations of any dollar amount will help us continue to supply families with additional resources and necessary supplies.
- In Kind donations of gift cards (Kroger’s, Meijer’s, Target, Walmart, etc.)
- Spread the word to friends and family who might want to help.
By Mail: 16250 Northland Drive, Suite 120 Southfield, MI 48075