This one day session will explore issues critical to assuring successful permanency placement plans with kinship families, including caseworker attitude, beliefs, skills, knowledge and post-placement supports and services.
- Explore the nuances and complexities of kinship care
- Explore worker values and assumptions about kinship care and how they affect work with the family
- Understand trauma, loss, and grief, experienced by the kinship family
- Review the assessment process from the kinship family’s perspective and the practical applications of tools and techniques that could be used
- Successful searches for kinship resources
- Explore post-placement supports and services families say they need to be successful